Monday 20 October 2014

UOB One credit card 3.3% rebate!

The UOB One credit card is a card I use every month but it is never in my wallet. In fact, it has been in the drawer since day 1. But this card has earned me consistent 3.3% cash rebates for the longest time.

How do I do it?

Let's look at some benefits of the UOB One card

Image credit: UOB Singapore










1) Earn up to 3.33% cash rebates
  •  Spend at least S$300 / S$800 / S$1500 every statement period and get S$30 / S$80 / S$150 cash rebates to offset your bills every quarter
  • Min 3 transactions per statement period is required
  • Instalment plans are included as a transaction as well as qualifying amount
Min Requirement Purchases made with UOB One Card Rebate Earned
Statement date 15 Aug 15 Sept 15 Oct 15 Nov
Total minimum monthly spend tiers i S$300 S$300 S$300 S$30
ii. S$800 S$800 S$800 S$80
iii. S$1,500 S$1,500 S$1,500 S$150
Minimum number of purchases per statement period. 3 3 3

2) Up to 10% SMART$ rebates 
3) 2% cash rebates overseas 
  • Additional 2% rebate applies to all transactions made overseas (excluding "not card-present" transactions example online transactions, mail/phone order), 
  • Capped at S$5,000 overseas spend per calendar year, awarded to you every month to offset your monthly credit card bills


Basically, I charged my telco bills, monthly insurance payment, S&CC fees to the UOB One card and make sure that the recurring charges hit one of the S$300 / S$800 / S$1500 min spending every statement period, and I just leave the card in the drawer. Hassle-free and I do not have to keep track of whether I will get the 3.33% cash rebate of not.

For Instance:
S&CC: S$59.00
Telco: S$120.00
Insurance: S$130.00
Total: S$309.00 (and it's 3 transactions)

So every 3 statement periods, I get S$30.00 cash rebate out of S$927.00 which is 3.23%.

Amazing, isn't it?

How do I know which are my qualifying quarters?

Qualifying quarters are stated in your monthly statement


I received emails telling me that their statements do not have the qualifying quarters stated on it and I was a little puzzled. Because I have been seeing it for quite some time already. Nevertheless, I monitored my next statement and the qualifying quarters line is still there. And this month, the statement included the amount of SMART$ I have in one of my cards! That's very good information as I do not know how much SMART$ I have in my card actually!

UOB statement now tells you how much SMART$ you have!




Tags: UOB One, credit card, recurring bills, 3.3%, cash rebate, telco, insurance, S&CC, bills

5 comments:

  1. Hi would like to check with you, are you still receiving rewards/benefits under the above recurring bills?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to add on read their terms and conditions:
    3.
    Exclusions
    3.1.
    Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, no Quarterly Cash Rebates whatsoever
    will be awarded for:
    (a)
    any Cash Advances;
    (b)
    any late charges or interest charges on any Card;
    (c)
    any fees payable to the Bank (or any other third party) for transfer of any debit
    balance on any other credit card to a Card;
    (d)
    any other fees and charges imposed by the Bank from time to time; or
    (e)
    any funds credited or re-credited to the Card Account.

    I just want to confirm your side are you still receiving rewards/benefits (SMART$ rebate) under UOB One

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Yes, when I use the UOB One card at SMART$ merchants, I still get the SMART$.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint. We sign up with dlrcollectionagency.com collection agency for business

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.. Roblox USernames

    ReplyDelete