Thursday 30 October 2014

Good & Cheap Food: Ben's Western Bar (Toa Payoh)

Everyday, I set a budget S$10.00 for my lunch, including drinks and there are plenty of choices for me to choose from.

These aren't paid advertisements and I do not receive a single cent from the owners of these stalls. I DO wish (hint hint) they would give me free lunches!

Let me begin with this:

Ben's Western Bar

Blk 95 Toa Payoh Lorong 4

The prices of this stall is affordable, from S$6.00 (Chicken Chop with 2 sides) to $15.80 (Ribeye steak with 2 sides). I tried the chicken chop with 2 sides a couple of times and I must say it tastes better than most western stalls out there with this price. And the taste is consistent.

Palm size juicy chicken chop with fries and spaghetti

The portion is about palm size, and I chose fries and spaghetti to go with my chicken chop. Though the chicken is a little oily, it is rather tender and juicy. Spaghetti is well cooked in tomato sauce, not too hard and not too soggy. And the crispy fries is the thick, non wavy kind.

Overall, I quite like the taste of this chicken chop. Otherwise, I wouldn't return for the Nth time in 3 months.

10 minutes later...

Taste: 3.85 out of 5
Price: 1 green note and 1 gold coin (S$6.00) for the chicken chop
Will I return for more: Yes
Nearest carpark: Blk 93A MSCP ($0.50/30min coupon parking)



Tags: Food, western, Toa Payoh, Ben's Western Bar, chicken, beef, spaghetti, fries

No comments:

Post a Comment