Friday 26 December 2014

When to use ADVISE and ADVICE

I have seen many people getting "advise" and "advice" mixed up. And yes, my GP tutor taught me the difference between these 2 words again. *GRIN*

What is the difference between "advise" and "advice"? 
When do I use "advise" and when do I use "advice"? 
Can they be used interchangeably?

Advise is a verb. So "advise" is an action word.
Example: She advised me to quit smoking.
Advice is a noun. So "advice" is a name.
Example: This is her advice to me: Quit smoking.

These 2 words, "advise" and "advice", CANNOT be used interchangeably and should not be used interchangeably.

So my ADVICE to you is: Learn the difference between "ADVISE" and "ADVICE" and you may start to ADVISE others the difference between these 2 words.



Tags: advise, advice, difference, verb, noun

No comments:

Post a Comment